Translate

Thursday, May 6, 2021

Life is fragile

 When, we are firstborn we are at our most vulnerable. We are totally dependent on our parents, many of

which are very young themselves, having little or no experience with newborns. It amazes me that the human race has seemed to not only have survived, but thrived. Even through times when there was little help from modern medicine the human race grew in population. We survived a mini ice age, volcanic eruptions, plagues and pandemics. How have we kept from dying out but managed to survive when other species have died out. 

Like me, I imagine many of you can relate of several times throughout your lives that you could have easily died had some miracle had not somehow intervened on your behalf. Whether it was modern medicine  or a series of events that just “happened” to fall into place. I don’t believe many of us would be here without supernatural intervention.

At the age of three I had severe problems with infections in my throat and ears. I had to have my tonsils removed. Yes, it was modern medicine, but there was an intervention. At four I was nearly electrocuted by an household appliance. My dad knocked my mom flat to get to me and pull me loose from the fan I was stuck to through the electric current. I had measles, chicken pox and as an adult I have weathered cancer, and several auto accidents, one in which I flipped 4 times going 70 mph. One of the occupants put their belt on 20 seconds before the crash. A coincidence that could have saved us all? I think not. 

Recently I had Covid and survived. Most people I know could relate many similar incidents. I know I won’t escape this life. Eventually I will sucuumb to death. But somehow I feel like I have been spared for a purpose.

We feel like we have some control over what happens in this life. However as I went through the bout with cancer I began to realize we have no control at all. It is an illusion. God holds our very molecules together. He orchestrates the universe. Our world is managed with systems that renew our environment constantly. Only an Intelligent all knowing God could have orchestrated this. We are totally dependent on HIM, just like the newborn is on their parents. The difference is that He is totally capable of taking care of everyone of us at the same time while balancing the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment