Translate

Friday, May 10, 2019

What refreshes your soul?

My Grandchildren love to fish too.
What is it that fills you up? What takes away the stress of everyday life for you? It is an easy answer for me. I need to be near water, preferably fishing. There is nothing more restful to me than sitting in front of a body of water and throwing in a line. I love listening to the water lapping at the deck or the show. I love watching the wind blow in the trees and eagles soaring over the lake or river. Many times turtles can be seen sliding into the water off of logs, or herons standing with their long legs waiting for a chance to dip their beaks after a minnow.

Jesus too found retreating into nature restful. He went into the wilderness or up on a mountain to get away from the crowds. God created this earth for us. He gave us dominion over it. He placed Adam and Eve in a garden. We were created to reside on the earth and to enjoy the fullness of all it has to offer us. Walks in the woods, splashing through streams, hunting, fishing, and camping trips are all things that can bring rest and refreshment to your soul. This is what works for me. What works for you? It may be something different. I believe the partaking of this good green earth is one of the best ways, but that's me. What works for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment